Here are 8 clever ways to display your haiku (as seen at the Seabeck Haiku Getaway 2013).
1. Weathergram: hang your haiku outside for everybody to read.
2. Haiku Mobile (aka “The Sputnik”), an original idea by Tanya McDonald.
3. On a labyrinth: (Margaret McGee guided us through the construction of a labyrinth which we then decorated with haiku and natural objects.The labyrinth stayed for the entire conference, for everybody to enjoy.)
4. Flagbook (creations by Susan Callan):
5. Haiku Board (creation by Susan Constable):
6. Mini-books (creations by Terry Ann Carter):
(Terry Ann Carter displayed her beautiful handmade books featuring her haiku.)
7. A crankie!
(Dejah Leger created a crankie featuring all the poems submitted at the kukai. Beautiful!)
8. Leaflets and promotional material.
(The table at Seabeck was filled with beautiful leaflets and original promotional material)
Don’t hide your haiku in your drawers! Display them proudly!
The next Seabeck Haiku Getaway will take place October 16-19, 2014.
Subscribe to my blog to receive updates by e-mail (enter your e-mail address in the box on the rightside).